Girlie things

July 3, 2008

The moment I found out I was having a daughter, I knew I would paint her nursery pink [much to the chagrin of my husband since the room still belonged to our 2-year-old son]. Mostly because I love the color but also because a part of me really wants to have a "girlie" girl. Growing up with three brothers and an uber-feminist mom was difficult for a girl who considered herself a Little Orphan Annie and Strawberry Shortcake love-child. I called my mom "Mrs. Hanagan" when I was 8-years-old after she painted my room beige.



Although I would love for Joop to be athletic and have fun playing firefighters with her older brother, I really look forward to playing house and having tea parties. So tonight we made a trip out to Nordstrom's to look for some new shoes for the kids. Joop was her normal crazy "evening" self (she's usually asleep by 6 pm) and refused to try anything on. Well, except these...







I give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
◄Design by Pocket