DIY notepad (recycled kid-friendly version)

January 26, 2009

My kids love to draw. They also love to use an inordinate amount of paper. So when I decided to create some notepads for my little guys, I wanted to cut down on the waste and create something especially kid-friendly.


For this version (using the same technique from my last post), I used all recycled papers for the inside (old letterhead, partially used construction and notebook paper) and fun cardboard pieces (cereal, fruit snack or toy boxes) for the cover.



As a special feature, I used an envelope (with a square flap and the glue strip cut off) for the outside...



which created a special spot for crayons (and made it perfect for the car!).







PS. this cover is from a box of Scooby-Doo fruit snacks. I'm embarrassed by just how many of those we have lying around.

3 comments:

Sabina said...

I have three little ones and we go through way too much paper - but I don't want to squelch their creativity. I'm always looking for great ideas in this area!! Thanks!!

:)

vicki said...

Thanks Sabina! Take pics if you make one too!

Julie said...

What kid wouldn't like a scooby doo note pad? I can relate on the fruit snacks - except I buy them in bulk at Costco. ;-)

Post a Comment

 
◄Design by Pocket