take your customer to work day

May 28, 2009

Since I work out of my house and it's usually pretty crazy here, I thought I'd share some photos instead of inviting you all over for Take Your Customer to Work Day (which is really my loss because I'd love to have every one of you over for coffee).

I dream of having an amazing studio like this one or that one but I don't. Really. With the exception of the desk, which I bought years ago for my husband from a local woodworker, the furniture is what I like to call "re-purposed late-century Ikea" aka the furniture that was in my living room when I first graduated from college.

Even though I'd love to have my own studio space, my little corner of our busy downstairs family room is perfect. It allows me to keep an eye on the kids and encourages me to stop for play breaks.



Keep in mind, there are lots of reasons that I didn't give you a wide shot of the room. Like this:


And this:


Thank goodness for early bedtimes, portable laptops, and cozy corners upstairs like this:

Thanks for coming with me to work today!

8 comments:

Heather | Cookie Mondays said...

that was fun!

vicki said...

Thanks for stopping by, Heather! Come again anytime :)

Jules said...

I loved it! I just moved my desk (a tiny little desk from the 50s) into the toy room. :)

Tulaloo said...

We have near identical "studios", and some exactly identical toys! Thanks for sharing!

vicki said...

I'm so glad you all came by!

I've spent too many hours wishing for my own space. I'm learning to embrace the closeness :)

Julie said...

Great looking space Vicki! My studio is in our finished basement which is great - it's really nice & quiet. I have lots of room to spread out (the joys of a ping pong table!). However, school is almost out and I may have to share it with noisy teenage boys playing xbox. Ugh!

Allison said...

Luv how you used that little nook/cozy corner upstairs.

Kat @ TodaysCliche.com said...

I am laughing at this (BTW - LOVE your blog... just came across it from Blog Frog!). I was thinking (as scrolling down the pics) -- WOW -- that is an ORGANIZED SPACE, and in the middle of the family room (!!). Then, your close up of "this is why I didn't take a wide shot of the room) was CLASSIC! Soo funny. I work from home, as well... and have 4 kids under 6.

Cheers! Please visit me at: www.TodaysCliche.com. I'd LOVE to connect!!
- Kat

Post a Comment

 
◄Design by Pocket