my new favorite thing

July 28, 2008

When I turn on the computer each morning it's like a race for time. How long will it take for one of my children to notice that I stopped paying attention to them? How many "uh-uhs" and "hmmms" can I sneak in before I end up (inadvertedly) agreeing to let them sword fight on the couch?

I may be the last person to know about iGoogle but I'm sure I won't be the last person to proclaim love for it. For those still left in the dark, it's the perfect homepage for those (like me) who are pressed for time and overwhelmed by the amount of bookmarks, blog feeds, message boards, news and email to check when logging on each morning.

It's completely customizable (you decide exactly what appears on your page). I've got my iGoogle homepage set to show 1. Blog Feeds (from Google Reader--the posts pop up as little bubbles-- no need to open another window and increase the chance of getting distracted), 2. Gmail (with or without message preview), 3. Bookmarks (I just list the "few" I "need" to check each day), 4. Local weather, and 5. News (I've got mine set for our local paper and the Times-- you can choose any paper or wire you'd like).


Check it out (if you haven't already). It may help organize your time online too. Oh! And you can change the themes, colors, etc.. but I like mine plain and simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
◄Design by Pocket